1. Our partners support responsible gaming.
2. Gaming is a form of entertainment enjoyed by millions of people and many gamblers play without experiencing any problems. However, some people can become addicted to this type of entertainment.
3. Just as with alcohol or drugs, people can get addicted to gambling. Having a one-time losing streak will not change your life style but losing sufficient amounts of money on a regular basis indicates signs of compulsive gambling. Problem gambling causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. It usually begins in adolescence in men and later in women.
4. This behaviour usually progresses from occasional gambling to habitual gambling. The urge to gamble becomes so great that the tension can only be relieved by more gambling. Higher stakes and personal risks become involved, as well as neglect of other interests, family, and work.
5. Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behaviour is challenging and may not always be possible. Counselling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behaviour. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful.
6. Take a look at these questions and see whether they apply to you:
Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
Did gambling affect your reputation?
Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- (i) If you answered “YES” to one or more of the questions above, you might consider contacting one of the following:
Global Gambling Guidance Group – www.gx4.com
Gordon Moody Association – www.gordonmoody.org.uk
Gambling Therapy – www.gamblingtherapy.org
GamCare – www.gamcare.org.uk
Our partners Internal Procedures and Regulations
- (ii) Our partners endorse a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways:
employees are trained to recognize problem gamblers and take appropriate actions when they identify compulsive or underage gambling;
a membership can be cancelled and a gambler prevented from using the site, if such gambler asks our partners to do so.
procedures for profiling Players and identifying a Player’s age are in place in order to prevent and preclude underage gaming.
upon request, the Player’s mail address can be removed from our partners’ E-mail list.
- (iii) In accordance with its Responsible Gaming Policy our partners also give the opportunity to the Player to limit the amount that the Player may wager. A Player may by written notice or electronic notice to our partners:
set a limit on the amount the Player may wager within a specified period of time.
set a limit on the losses the Player may incur within a specified period of time.
set a limit on the amount of time the Player may play in any one session.
exclude the Player from playing for a definite or indefinite period of time.
- (iv) A Player who has set a limit or exclusion under this regulation may change or revoke the limit or exclusion by written notice or electronic notice given to our partners.
- (v) A notice increasing or revoking a limit or decreasing the exclusion has effect only after seven days after our partners have received the notice. A notice reducing a limit or increasing the exclusion has effect immediately after it is received by the our partners.
- (vi) Our partners shall not accept a wager from a Player contrary to a limit or exclusion set by the Player himself.
- (vii) Our partners are also precluded, through their internal policies and controls as well as the legislation of the state of Malta, from giving any form of credit to Player s or any form of loan.